We rolled out the next set of improvements for transformations and workspaces.
It is now possible to copy an existing workspace configuration to an existing transformation.
The recent release also includes:
- Workspaces which are being created are now also displayed in the transformations workspaces tab
- The create workspace button used in a transformation is now split into two separate buttons - create new workspace and copy to existing workspace
- When you create a new workspace from a transformation or a transformation from a workspace we automatically fill in the description with info about the source configuration
We'd like to announce the introduction of a new detail page for Shared Codes.
Shared Codes are now treated the same way as other components.
This means that on top of being able to edit the Shared Code's name, variables, and code, just like you used to be able to, you can now also give it a description, view and compare its versions, or roll back to one of its previous versions.
To learn more, visit our documentation.
Another set of UX improvements focusing on Mappings, Code Blocks and Codes is deployed to the Keboola Connection platform.
- Mappings with incremental load or with a data filter are now displayed with a double arrow icon, so that you can tell them apart from other mappings at a glance
- All mapping boxes can be now collapsed
Code blocks and Codes
- Dragging is now done using the icons next to blocks' and codes' names
- Name editing is now done using the edit icon next a code's name
- Editing codes' names is now done in an edit modal instead of inline
To speed up queries to a database that return multiple rows we updated the `defaultRowPrefetch` value to `5000` in Oracle Database Extractor.
Sending data to GoodData platform in Azure North Europe stack was requested many times. We heard your feedback and modified a GoodData component to work also in the Azure North Europe stack.
New Storage is now available to all users on every stack! Its aim is to improve your experience of exploring your data.
We are thrilled to present to you the new Storage UI, with a new look and enhanced features.
Besides its redesigned layout, you can also enjoy some added features, such as an overview of all buckets and tables on one screen, with bulk actions for buckets.
On the table level view, you will find a brand new Data Preview with advanced filter options or "Usage" tab. One more additional feature that improves searches is a little pop-up you can open on the bucket/table detail. It gives you a quick overview of the context you are in (e.g., last searched query, filters, and more).
To provide you a better experience when working with Development branches, two minor changes just landed into Keboola Connection.
The first addition is a small orange bar on the top of your screen, which is displayed when you are working in a development branch. The bar is fixed to the top of the window, so that you always know if you are working safely in one of your development branches.
The second one is a new "back to production" alert. We will alert you every time you switch from a development branch to a production branch, with an option to disable the alert.
Check out the documentation as well.
We are excited to announce a new page for components, scaffolds, and configurations. The new Components page also introduces new names for extractors and writers, which are now called data sources and data destinations.
From now on, you can find all available data sources (extractors), data destinations (writers), and applications in the new Components directory. To make looking for them easier, we've sorted the most used components into categories.
The new Components page has three sections:
- Directory – the place where all available components can be found
- Scaffolds – pre-defined sets of component configurations, from which you can select the ones that suit you best
- My Configurations – all your configured data sources, data destinations, and applications
This change is currently available to all users in the Azure North Europe stack.
For optimized text rendering on various devices and operating systems we decided to switch from the Roboto font to native/system fonts.
From now on, all texts in Keboola Connection will be rendered using a system font based on your operating system.
This will improve load times, prevent FOUT/FOIT (flash of unstyled or invisible text), and add a better look and feel to the UI.
Frequently used row-action buttons were moved out of the action dropdown menu.
As another part of our UX improvements, we moved the most frequently used action buttons from the action dropdown to make them accessible directly. We also made the buttons bigger.